Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pillows for Jennesee

 
My dear friend, Katie asked me to make a quilt for her daugther Jennesee's baptism! If you'd like to see the quilt, you can click HERE. It turned out pretty cute! It was for a full size bed, so it needed pillows to go with it! 
I started with two pillows shams that matched the design of the quilt. I added the buttons and rick rack just like the quilt had. But my favorite part is the scalloped edge! I have always wanted to try that, and I love the way it turned out.
You can see it even better in this picture. The back of the pillows are made from bright pink minky just like the quilt. Then I made covered buttons to enclose them.
Here is the other sham, using different fabrics for the "flowers".
 Then I made her a name pillow just like I had done for Jennesee's sister, Heidi. I got the original pattern from Polka Dot Chair and tweeked it a little to accomadate the longer name. It's such a beautiful name, but I had a little trouble with the spelling and it took a couple of times to get it right!
I stipple quilted the white background, in the ditch quilted around the rectangles and used a feather stitch to accent the border.The flower is accented with a turquoise sequin to give it sparkle.  The ruffly border is made from pink ribbon.
 The last pillow is just for Jennesee because she loves sea turtles! I used the scraps I had left and pieced this pillow and made a little turtle. I accented the turtle with sequins, buttons, and embroidery. 
  The back of the pillow is also made with minky and a covered button enclosure.
I sure hope Jennesee is happy with them, and I'm excited that her bed is finally complete! :)


3 comments:

randi--i have to say said...

Oh sheesh! These are adorable and they will certainly be well-loved!

Shelley said...

Gorgeous pillows! I love the color palette and all the embellishments are too cute. Awesome job!

Shari said...

That sea turtle pillow is SO cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails