Tuesday, March 19, 2013

4 x 5 Modern Quilt Bee

So I did it, I went and joined another quilt bee. Do I have time to take on new projects? Well, no. But I have loved being in the Do Good Stitches bee and I just couldn't resist! The difference is this time I will receive a bunch of blocks made just for me. How fun is that?

 I joined the 4 x 5 Modern Quilt Bee on Flickr. What exactly is that you ask? There are "hives" of five members and you swap blocks four times a year! Each member of the hive makes a block for you using their pattern but in the colors you specify. So by the end of the year you should have 20, 12 1/2" blocks to make a quilt!
My biggest dilemma was figuring out a color scheme I wanted for my blocks. I have been crushing on the pb & j fabric line from Basic Grey. I also loved last year's line Salt Air from Cosmo Cricket. It's awesome that navy is coming back in style and loved these four colors together-navy, red, yellow and aqua, yum! Seems fresh, nautical, patriotic, just summery. And I'm in the mood for summer!

So here is the little inspiration mosaic that I put together for my hive. I can't wait to see what blocks people choose and how they will interpret my color choices. A bit out of the norm for me, I mean there's no pink!
The members of my hive have also given me some cool combinations to work with. Orange and aqua, purple and grey, bright blues, it should be fun! Now I just need to figure out an interesting block pattern. And I've got to finish all of my other projects too. I better be off!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me excited to learn to quilt! The color combinations you chose are awesome!

Anita said...

Love your color choices! Do you know what fabric line that pretty navy and flower print is? It's in the second row, 1st pic. Thanks!

Deborah said...

I am a great fan of your color choices!

Debbie said...

oh I had a great year in the 4x5 and I've missed it. You will have fun!

Linh said...

I love your color choices how do you join a hive?

Related Posts with Thumbnails