Friday, May 24, 2013

Farmer's Wife Friday Decisions

Happy Farmer's Wife Friday everyone! First of all, no I did not get any blocks made this week. We are down to the last few weeks of school and I think they are the busiest time of year! And getting to be quite expensive I might add. Instead of saving Christmas money, I need to start saving end of the school year money!


Question: Have you considered what the size of your quilt will be? Are you going to make all 111 blocks? I've noticed not everybody does. They may have decided they don't need a quilt that big or they didn't realize all the work making this little beauty of a quilt is! Whatever the reason, it's been interesting to see the diversity of all the different sizes of this quilt are out there.
Here is an example of a full-sized, using all 111 of the Farmer's Wife blocks. It was beautifully made by Elizabeth Green.
 This quilt was made my Svetlana at s.o.t.a.k. handmade. She wanted a twin-size quilt but was ready to be done by 42 blocks. So she added a wider sashing and a nice border. I thinks it looks crisp and beautiful!

Monica over at Happy Zombie totally changed it up and made a really modern and original version of these more traditional blocks.
This little beauty made by Helen Phillips contains 50 of these happy little blocks.I love the aqua floral she used on her border triangles.

Here's a sweet little baby size quilt made by from the blue chair. It's made with the Bliss line just 18 little blocks, so cute!

And how's this for sweet! Made by Sandra at Cherry Heart, she calls it Farmer's Baby. LOVE it!

So what do you think? Are you going to go for all 111 blocks? Or will you have a Farmer's Girlfriend, Child or Baby? :)
It's time to link up your Farmer's Wife updates, can't wait to see what you've made! Here's what you need to do:

  • Use the linky tool and link your blog posts or flickr pictures of Farmer's Wife blocks.
  • You must LINK back to this post within your post. You can also grab a Farmer's Wife Friday button (on the right side bar).
  • Have fun reading all the posts! Don't forget, everyone loves a nice comment! 
Have a wonderful long weekend and I hope some farming is involved!

3 comments:

Carla said...

Welllll, at first I was raring to go at 111 blocks. Now that I'm stuck at 28 I'm thinking a nice big pillow!

Anonymous said...

99 every two weeks and I believe that's part of the game so memorable are the" sanity effect". Drop the musket and grab the next one. Videogames have a powerful avatar - can boost the confidence of cheats to far cry 3 colleges students so much that for up to two hours per week!

my web blog ... rush far cry

MATINA said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails